Hopsin’s Pathetic “False Advertisement” Single

“The only pleasure we get from you is when you shut up and open your mouth,” Hopsin spews at women in his loathsome new single “False Advertisement.

This song genuinely fucking offended me. And I’m a white male so it should be impossible to offend me.

On “False Advertisement”, Hopsin sounds like every rape-y, sexually frustrated dude pointing the finger anywhere but inward for the lack of quality women in his life. His hypocrisy on the track is mind-boggling, as he insists to his female audience, “I have so much to give you” before arriving at a refrain that consists of him screaming “hoe, shut the fuck up!” and “these hoes better quit it” over and over at the top of his lungs.

I am not currently taking up residence inside Hopsin’s head (thank GOD), but here’s the essence of what he’s trying to say here: (some) girls are vain, money-grubbing sluts who will do anything to gain status – including degrade themselves sexually and date old rich white guys – while poor Hopsin is left with blue balls. The music video even features an old rich white guy applying sunscreen to a hot model’s back while she lays on the beach, as if that somehow proves Hopsin’s point.

The infantile mindset behind this song is so fucking pathetic. In reality, I think Hopsin just needs a hug, but attacking women in such a vicious, belligerent fashion without holding yourself accountable is inexcusable.

In fairness, any man who has ever pursued a woman has experienced some degree of Hopsin’s frustration – it’s inevitable during the early development of the Hoe Radar, before a man has learned to identify and seek out quality sexual partners. But either way, throwing a temper tantrum and telling a girl to “go cry some tears in your tear bag” is not how you respond to it. Oh, and Hopsin is in his 30s. Just thought I should mention that.

What infuriates me is Hopsin’s refusal to take responsibility for his own twisted misogyny. I’ll never try and claim that shallow and manipulative women don’t exist –spend 30 seconds at any bar in America and you’ll bump into one – but as one half of the sexual equation it is up to YOU to wade through the chlamydia-infested bimbos and locate the higher caliber girls. If you only spend your time chasing materialistic whores, how exactly do you expect that to color your perception of women? And since Hopsin lacks the self-awareness or insight to admit his own mistakes and correct them, he instead opts to be bitter and hateful, lashing out with lyrics that are as childish as they are hostile.

And no, the “nice guys finish last” doctrine (or “Good Guys Get Left Behind” as Marcus himself put it on Knock Madness) does not apply here, especially when Hopsin is literally encouraging parental abuse with the following words of wisdom: “you need a belt to that ass, if I was your daddy that’s probably what I would do”.

As for the song itself, the production has a pretty standard trap sound with a bunch of rapid fire 808 hi hats shoved WAY up in the mix, and Hopsin’s flow actually brings to mind the same Atlanta rappers he mocked on his “No Words” skit last year. But the music is not the issue here. The issue is the pitiful misogyny that this track not only co-signs but encourages at the expense of any thoughtful or constructive insight. I can actually feel myself growing less self-aware and more chauvinistic as Hopsin unloads these hateful words at me. I can only imagine how a woman feels.

I guess go ahead and listen to “False Advertisement” if you’re in the market for a cheap self-esteem boost – after all, at least you’re not a 31-year-old man who’s still seething about the pussy he didn’t get in high school. And if you DO fit that description, please start taking some goddamn responsibility.

15 thoughts on “Hopsin’s Pathetic “False Advertisement” Single

1. Marcus Hopson September 7, 2016 / 2:09 pm

You missed the true meaning of the song.

• ryanpanny September 8, 2016 / 12:32 am

we can debate a song’s “true meaning” for eternity. what we’re ultimately left with are the words themselves, which in the case of this song came off to me as immature, hatefully misogynistic, and slightly ignorant

2. Gio September 7, 2016 / 9:57 pm

This article sucked ass. You’re just trying to get some booty.

• ryanpanny September 8, 2016 / 12:34 am

if i were trying to get girls by blogging on the Internet, that would be about as good a strategy as making a Grindr account

• Not necessary May 30, 2017 / 11:03 pm

First off, the message of the song is that ‘some’ woman only gain popularity or “fame” from their body, they flash there ass and boobs to gain likes a follows.
        The lyrics of the song are aimed at those woman who sell their bodies or in this case use social media as an excuse to do so.
        In conclusion to your point, you need to actually pay attention to what the artist is expressing aswell as what he’s saying, what I see coming from you is a closed mind you only believe that your opinion is correct when infact you are way off. what I’m also gathering from your ‘statement’ is that in your eyes you belive woman should do this, use their bodies as a magnet to catch men in their little games which to me says your being abit well…. “rape-y”

Please respond maturly, this isn’t a argument this is a discussion.

• Ryan Panny May 31, 2017 / 12:18 am

a) I fully understand the message of the song, and NOT ONCE do I say these types of women don’t exist. I am not disagreeing with Hopsin on that. My issue is with Hopsin’s immature RESPONSE to these women. So do not address me patronizingly as if I somehow “can’t comprehend” what Hopsin’s trying to say here.
        b) If all you “gathered” from this article was that I’m “being rape-y”, your complete lack of logical thought is concerning. And it certainly doesn’t help the credibility of your point of view.

I appreciate your comment and thank you for reading, but what you’re saying is absolutely ludicrous, and I don’t see anything constructive coming out of discussing this further.

3. lucas November 1, 2016 / 9:56 am

you’re just a sensitive bitch.

4. calebreece November 30, 2016 / 7:19 am

dude your fucking sad. Hopsin is one of the best rappers out there. His lyrics speak the truth. “I’m a white male it should be impossible to offend me” thats bullshit. Y’all niggas always getting butthurt

5. Kys December 12, 2016 / 8:32 pm

You look and sound like a faggot. Do us all a favor and kill yourself.

6. Johnny Sins March 20, 2017 / 6:34 am

Think Hopsin, with his status and wealth, might have some extra problems with women after his for his money and status than any average Joe but go ahead and keep white knighting. The rest of us have seen too many divorces where the women takes it all to believe the bullshit you spew in this article.

• ryanpanny March 20, 2017 / 9:21 pm

haha I find it funny that readers think I’m “white knighting” or sticking up for women here. Gold digging whores exist, I’m not denying that. My criticisms revolve around Hopsin’s childish, immature, “it’s all your fault” approach to the topic. I’m merely pointing out that this dude is over 30 years old and should be able to identify quality women. If every girl you’ve ever been involved with is like the ones he describes in this song, who’s the fucking common denominator here?

7. Fred May 13, 2017 / 3:11 pm

It looks like the best and brightest of hopsin a fans came here to defend him

8. Not necessary May 30, 2017 / 11:10 pm

Following from my last post.

Hopsin is yes a 30 year old man, however woman these days are a lot smarter and better at hiding their real intentions.

Yes hopsin has had similar relationships in the past ( as far as we know ) but this isn’t just about his experience, it is a well known fact that most ”models” these days only gain fame from their body’s and make thousands of dollars. Which I shouldn’t have to tell you is ridiculous they have no talent they have no special gift. How about instead of making comments on someone with talent and defending those with none, you think about what you said. Because its well… very petty

• Ryan Panny May 31, 2017 / 12:20 am

I will say once more that I am not “defending” these women. They definitely exist, and nothing you’re saying about them is wrong. My distaste for this song stems from Hopsin’s RESPONSE to these women. The mature thing to do would be to avoid these women and seek some self-understanding so you can meet the “right” type of women. The mature thing to do is not to tell them “shut up and open your mouth”. It’s unfortunate that I have to explain that.

9. Your'e an idiot August 10, 2017 / 5:54 am

lol youre a fucking idiot, you only are a jealous sensitive white knight, and what I gathered out of your little shit article is that you wish you lived his life. This guy has more money and life then you will ever have. HOE SHUT THE FUCK UP